Friday, January 16, 2009

Frakkin' cold

It's cold out there and in here. Our space heaters are working overtime, but the dogs are still shivering and casting distrustful glances my way. They both dread and look forward to their walks. I believe they blame me. 
We're looking forward to our impending move, though we're still not certain of *where* we're going. We've seen dozens of places, but only one has meet most of our expectations so far. We're crossing our fingers. It's a bit creepy, though. There are sheds in the backyard- three in a row. Not those pretty, elevated sheds one sees at Home Depot, but the weird, "oh, they made that to keep the bad children in," kind. None of these sheds are in good shape, so if we get the place, I'm going to pretend they don't exist.  
Living in the Fan has prepared me well for this. I am really good at visual and auditory blocking. Instead of seeing the potholes in the street, I see miniature urban tidal pools. Instead of hearing my neighbor's arguments, I hear a noise installation and enjoy the cadences. Instead of seeing the trannies working the corner near the Arby's, I see young entrepreneurs who are eager to serve their community. Life really is what you make it. 
In other news, it's my oldest brother's birthday. Woot! I really hope he doesn't follow my blog- I doubt he'd see the humor in a birthday shout out mixed in with mentions of creepy sheds and trannies. My world is so weird. I need to move. 
I hope you all stay warm and well... 


No comments: